The Same Yet was handy for the farmers and labourers who worked and lived locally to have a well earned pint at the end of the day. Mrs Jowett is the landlady having taken over from Mrs Booth.
As legend has it, the pub was originally called 'The Star Inn' until it was refurbished. When the sign writers asked what the name of the pub was, the answer was “the same yet’, meaning it was still The Star Inn. But, to everyone's surprise, in bright, gold lettering, the sign over the door read “The Same Yet”.
It was decided it should stay as it was too expensive to alter and so it remains to this day.
The Original pub has stood here since 1800 and has served the community for many years ever since.